TechTipTuesday

Thursday, February 16, 2006

TTT9--Burn Baby Burn!


Hey, ya'll.

I'm jumpin' around here amongst the original "Wired Wednesday" cards that have inspired this podcast. Why? Because I can! We're back into the "General" category, and this episode of TTT is all about burning desire, or at least about the desire to burn.

CDs, compact disks-- can the youngstest amongst us imagine a world without them? I doubt it. Heck, I clearly recall cruisin' around in my '72 Buick station wagon's 8-track stereo and feeling like a tech wizard because I had figured out that in order to play a cassette tape (remember those?) I needed an adapter device I could jam into the deep 8-track chamber to fool it into thinking the cassette it was playing was actually a tape it was meant to process.

Anyway, as I move through my professional and personal worlds in the disguise of someone who actually knows something about technology, I've seen a lot of confusion about how to record information on these things. It would seem that one ought to be able to just drag and drop files into the thing, but it's actually a bit more complicated. Good news, though: Like a lot in your life, the more you do it the easier it gets to do. Thanks be.

Listen up to TTT9 here. May the Source be with you (whatever that means!).

Music for TTT9 is from Bob Hughes's "Back Burner," courtesy of the Podsafe Music Network. Thanks, Bob!

Don't forget to download the printable .pdf file from the list in the sidebar, and while you're at it, share TTT with your friends! And check out the list of other fun Podcasts in the sidebar, too.
Contrary to appearances, it's not all about tech, folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home